Location: 145 Fenmar Drive, North York ON
Posting Date: July 7, 2021
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Shift: 2:30pm to 12:00am (Monday to Thursday) and 12:00pm to 9:00 pm (Friday)
Pay: Competitive start rate based on experience
CMI is looking for a new employee to join our Maintenance Team. In this role you will perform direct troubleshooting maintenance work for repair, adjustment, adaptation, re-design, preventative maintenance and installation of all plant and yard equipment, machinery and infrastructure in order to assist in a safe and productive work environment for all employees. This position is performed outside in our recycling yards as well as indoors in our maintenance shop.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance activities as assigned on all equipment and machines throughout the plant and yards in conjunction with daily production requirements
- Repair breakdown of equipment, machinery, and infrastructure
- Maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Fabricate parts and other equipment as per instructions or blueprint
- Install and commission new machinery
- Perform weld repairs on equipment
- A Certified Millwright
- Possess a minimum of three years of Millwright experience.
- Welding Certifications is an asset
- Experienced with welding is an asset
- Experience diagnosing mechanical and electrical problems and expediting repair
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- G license
- Have own tools to be considered
What we offer
- Change rooms with lockers and showers
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
- An inclusive, friendly and multi-cultural environment
- Progressive and approachable leadership team focused on winning and continuous improvement
- Our commitment to your health and safety, and the health and safety of our customers, neighbours and others around us
- A purposeful role protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based increases
Are you already picturing yourself at CMI? We thought you might be! Send us your resume and let us know how you would you make an impact at CMI.
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue & Weston Road in North York. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York.
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process. *
← Back to careers