Employer: Combined Metal Industries Inc.
Position: Industrial Mechanic
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Location: North York, Ontario
Employment Address: 145 Fenmar Drive, North York, ON, M9L 1M7
Hours of Work:
Week 1 – 6pm to 6am (Monday, Thursday, Friday)
Week 2 – 6pm to 6am (Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday)
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for long term disability, health, dental, and vision care. Also eligible for RRSP contribution program.
Salary: $30 to $34/hour
CMI is looking for a new employee to join our Maintenance Team. In this role you will perform direct troubleshooting maintenance work for repair, adjustment, adaptation, re-design, preventative maintenance and installation of all plant and yard equipment, machinery, and infrastructure in order to assist in a safe and productive work environment for all employees. This position is performed at multiple CMI sites, outside in our recycling yards as well as indoors in our maintenance shop.
- Diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Clean, lubricate and perform Preventive Maintenance activities as assigned on all machinery
- Diagnosis of Mechanical problems, repairing and replacing parts on machinery
- Operate Lathe, Milling Machine and Grinder to fabricate parts on overhauls, maintenance, or machine set-up
- Install, align, dismantle, and move machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans
- Inspect and examine machinery to perform root cause analysis for irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain programmable logic controls
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience in a plant environment (this includes experience in industrial mechanics, tool and die, heavy equipment or millwrighting)
- Experience with programable logic controls
- Experience fabricating with mills, lathes, and grinders
- Experience diagnosing mechanical faults and problems and expediting repair
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
What we offer:
- Lunchroom equipped with microwaves, fridges, coffee
- Yearly Safety Boot Allowance
- Uniforms and Laundering Service
- Organized, clean, and well-maintained work environment
- On the job training with CMI’s culture of learning and opportunities to advance
We are Public Transit accessible! CMI is located at Steeles Avenue & Weston Road in North York. A 20-minute bus ride from TTC Pioneer Village Subway Station in North York.
CMI is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process. *
← Back to careers